Friday, June 20, 2008

A Ride In A D-25

On Wednesday I went with my family to see the Barnstormers Tour. Basically they have a lot of vintage biplanes from the 1920s that they have restored and now fly around the country touring and giving rides. I had the opportunity to purchase a ride on one. Here are a few pictures.

Here is the plane (that isn't my family). This is a New Standard D-25 Bi-Plane.



Getting ready to take off.



Climbing into the sky!



Jack Trice Stadium. The football stadium at Iowa State University.


Old dorms at Iowa State. My dad stayed in one of those (There used to be 4, but 2 have been demolished).



Looking at farm fields out over the wing.



More farm fields looking through the prop.



I thought this was a cool picture looking at the plane's shadow on the ground.



Another Bi-Plane giving rides, as seen from the air.



Coming into land. It was cool since they landed on the grass so as to limit wear on their tires.


Well, that was a fun ride.

Hopps
41

No comments: