Monday, April 13, 2009

World of Goo

Over the past few months I have been kind of participating in an online game of sorts calledMacHeist.  It is a website that has different puzzles and missions that allow you to win free software.  At the end they have a bundle deal for $39 that has a ton of software worth like $900.  Anyways, I bought it and have been playing a game that came with it called World of Goo.  It is quite a fun and rather addicting game where your goal is to assemble structures out of the balls of goo that stick together to get to a pipe at the end of the puzzle where you have to have a certain number left over to get sucked in.  Here are a few screenshots of that game.




Granted it does look a little crazy, but it is a lot of fun.  The guy who made this started with the website ExperimentalGameplay which has a lot of free basic games that are fun to play.  Each was made in one week by one person, it started as a project for a graduate level computer science class at Carnegie Mellon University.


Another application that I got in the MacHeist bundle is called KineMac.  It is essentially a smaller version of Apple's Motion software, a 2D/3D animated graphics application.  I don't have much time right now, but I'm hoping this summer when I am just working a job that I can get some time to play around with it and post some stuff.

This may not have been a very exciting post, but I wanted to post something and I couldn't think of much.  So this is what I posted.

Hopps
41

No comments: